SBA Export Express Loans –
Access to Capital for Businesses that Export
Goods or Services
Who May Apply for These Business Loans:
- If your business sells any goods or services outside the territorial United States, including Canada or Mexico. Includes importers / exporters, manufacturers, shippers, wholesalers, Export Trading Companies, Export Management Companies, and Service Exporters.
- If you are not doing so now, but have such plans in the future. (during the course of the loan term)
- Your business income need not be based 100% on exporting. You are eligible if goods or services are sold both domestically and internationally.
- No requirement of selling tangible goods. May be eligible if services only are provided, such as business consultation, advice, technical support, document preparation, marketing / sales / promotion, procurement, design, graphics, web site development, drawings and specifications, and the like.
- If you have a web site which is frequented by persons both inside as well as outside the United States.
- In business for at least one year, although not necessarily in the export business.
- No set dollar amount for export sales. A significant amount of exporting is sufficient.
What are the underwriting requirements?
Need to meet the SBA credit requirements and show that the business can pay back the loan through the businesses cash flow.
What kinds of businesses?
Applies to newer or established businesses, regardless of size, and whether a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, or corporation.
What can the loan be used for?
For most business purposes, including expansion, equipment, cash flow, payroll, overhead, working capital, inventory, shipping and warehouse costs, letters of credit, trade shows, brochures and catalogs, translation services, facility upgrades, marketing, internet sites, and other costs to establish a foreign market.
- Loan amounts starting from $30,000.
- No coupons or mailing—automatic ACH debit from your business account.
- No prepayment penalty or balloon payments—pay off early and stop the interest.
- Interest is low 2.75% plus Wall Street Journal prime.
- Simplified paperwork.
- Quick response time.
- Funds used to enter a new export market or expand an existing market.
- No collateral required.
- Establishes credit for your business.
- Money is wired directly into your business checking account